Tuesday, June 12, 2012

a game of tag

I've been tagged! (although in all honesty, since no one reads my blog.. I'm not sure why :P)

1. Name a book that somehow changed you. How?
Firestarter - Stephen King. It was the first book that I remember being really interested in and not wanting to put down. It led to me reading everything Stephen King has ever written and solidified my love of reading.

2. If someone were to cook you the perfect meal, what would it be?
Lasagna, garlic bread and a caesar salad. The problem with this, is that *my* lasagna and garlic bread are my favourite foods.. and I fear that I would just take over if someone were to try to cook them for me. oh, and for it to be perfect, it would have to have no calories.

3. Who do you want to be when you grow up?
I think I'm actually there :) I always wanted to be a mum, and I always wanted to work with children. Now that I do both, I feel pretty fulfilled and very lucky.

4. You find a wallet containing $20,000 on the ground, containing no identification. What do you do?
search for any bit of paper with anything written on it, receipts.. anything that could lead me to the person who lost it. if I couldn't find anything, I would drop it off at a police station with exactly where it was found.

 I found a wallet once, with no ID and 1500 dollars in cash.. I found a receipt and had the store it was from find out from the transaction number that a credit card was used. With that information (luckily, I was working at the store at the time) I had the credit card company contact the owner of the card. When she came to pick it up, she was all puffy from crying.. that 1500 dollars was two months rent.

5. Name one completely irrational fear that you've got.
just one? hrm.
I suppose I'd have to say spiders. They terrify me. Tiny little jumping spiders have been known to have me shrieking and running away. I have a spider catcher thingy that makes it so you can be two feet away and still catch a spider to get rid of it.. and my husband has to use it.  Once, I called him while he was at work to tell him I was trapped in the bathroom. I had gone into the bathroom, and as I went to walk out again, noticed a *HUGE* spider just above the door. I then waited in there for three and a half hours until he got home to deal with it.

6. Give me three songs that you're embarrassed to admit you like.
tik tok - Kesha.  I hate everything about her, but I find this song incredibly catchy.
I think that's about it though. I listen to just about everything, and am not embarrassed to admit to any of it... except Kesha..

7. What is one thing you absolutely love about yourself?
That I'm determined. When I want something, I work very hard to get it.. and I don't let obstacles deter me.

8. If you could be doing ANYTHING right now, what would it be?
Eat an entire cheesecake.. that has no calories.

9. What's the best thing that happened to you this week?
I lost 9 pounds! :D (see why I want things to have no calories?!)

10. If you could perfect one skill overnight, what would it be?
sewing. I'd love to be able to sew.. but there just seems to be so much to learn that I don't even start.

11. Tea or coffee?
It really depends. I love coffee, but when I'm not feeling all that great, I prefer tea.


11 random facts about me:


1.When I was young, I climbed trees.. all the time. I used to hang out in a tree in the front yard of a house on my street and pretend that people walking by below didn't know I was there. 


2.I want to have a lovely garden, but am so afraid of spiders that I can't *tend* to a garden very well. 


3. I'm very neurotic. I like things to be done a certain way and when something messes up my routine, I tend to get more upset than seems reasonable. This is a trait I hope my son doesn't learn from me. 


4. I wish I was half as creative as my sister. She pulls ideas out of her head, and makes them happen.. I've always wanted to be able to draw/paint/sculpt/create like she can. 


5.  for our first anniversary, my husband bought me a label maker. It was the most thoughtful gift I've ever received. Staples is my idea of a good date.


6.  I love cats. like.. a lot.


7. my mother used to pay my sister to clean my room


8. coming up with 11 random facts about myself, is far harder than I thought it would be. 


9. Dishonesty makes me very angry. the worst thing someone can do to me is lie about something that matters. 


10.  every friend I've ever had, has stabbed me in the back. I have a very hard time trusting people as a result. 


11.  I often forget how lucky I am, and that everything I've had to go through, has shaped me and my life into what it is today.


annnnd, since no one reads my blog, I'm not gonna tag anyone else. :P

2 comments:

Jessica said...

you should just tag random blogs that you read - that's how I've "met" some very nice people :)

Was it the tree at the jungle house?

Pyra said...

yeah. the one right at the corner that hung over the sidewalk a lil bit lol